Mango is called the king of fruits for more than just its heavenly taste. While flavor and aroma are great reasons, mangoes are exceptionally nutritious. Learn more –
- Anti-cancerous: Mangoes are rich in healthy enzymes and have proven to cut down the risk of colon, breast, blood and prostrate cancers. They contain compounds like fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat that have anti-cancerous properties.
- Lowers bad cholesterol: Mango comes loaded with fiber, pectin and vitamin C, all of which help bring down serum cholesterol levels. Mango reduces the levels of low-density lipoprotein which clogs blood vessels
- Mangoes for healthy eyes and skin: About a cup of diced mangoes can get you 25% of your daily requirement of nutrients for the eye. This includes Vitamin A that promotes better eyesight and cuts down chances of night blindness. Mangoes also help de-toxify clogged pores and helps battle pimple woes.
- Ayurvedic remedy for heat: The juice of a green (raw) mango mixed in sweetened water can cool the body down. When the body feels dehydrated under unreasonable temperatures, it gets over loaded with toxins. In Ayurvedic practices, a raw mango concoction is a proven remedy for this condition.
- Enhanced immunity: Mangoes contain a spectrum full of nutrients ranging from Vitamin A, C, and E to 25 different kinds of carotenoids. This naturally enhances comprehensive health and thus gives you better immunity.
There are over 1000 varities of mangoes in the word and it is believed to be one of the most consumed fruits. Mangoes are one of the many splendors of nature’s bounty. Devour them heartily and stay healthy!