Tasty, tangy and popular as a fast-food ingredient, lesser-known is the fact that tomatoes are rich in nutrients and offer incredible health benefits. Here are 7 reasons why you should snack on them more often –
- One serving of tomatoes carries about 2 gms of fiber which makes about 7% of your daily need of the nutrient. Tomatoes are one of the yummiest ways to supplement fiber!
- Tomatoes are beta carotene-rich, a vitamin that keeps your skin glowing. Besides, tomatoes contain lycopene which protects the skin from the damage UV rays cause.
- Tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin K and Calcium. It builds strong bones and helps enhance bone mass.
- Despite all the goodness they are packed with, tomatoes are surprisingly low on sodium, saturated fat and cholesterol. They also cost the body very less calories.
- Tomatoes constitute of a lot of water. So, including them in your general fruits/vegetable diet will make you feel fuller soon, at the cost of lesser calories
- Tomatoes can help you control blood-sugar levels as it is a source of chromium. It can also regulate the fat in the blood and thus support a healthy heart.
- Tomatoes are a great way to bring back shine in your hair. Get a flowing mane with a tomato rich diet that will supplement your Vitamin A, C, E and K needs.
Even the healthiest super-foods should be consumed in moderation. Remember tomato works best as a part of a comprehensive diet and cannot be the diet itself. Eat wisely, stay healthy!